Thursday 7 February 2013

Red Fish..Blue Fish

2 piece Fish & Chips
Tacone         Red Dog
The Joint
Hands down, best fish "n" chips in town. There is traditional fish "n" chips and then there is oh so much more.  My favourite is called the "Red Dog."  It is a succulent huge piece of salmon that is dipped in their signature batter and crisped until perfection.  It is put on a fresh portuguese bun that is topped with homemade tartar sauce, fresh dill pickles, and pickled ginger (which I take off.) OMG! So fantastic!  I always get a side of fries that are perfectly cooked with an order of their curry sauce (a zingy, tomatoey, curry like) dip that is hot and I slather it on my Red Dog and dip my fries in it.  Heaven...pure heaven.  There are so many other delicious options that are so fresh and healthy it will blow your mind.  Tacones are fabulous too.  A fresh tortilla filled with shrimp or scallops or salmon or tonnes of other fillings its just great.  The best part, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  The worst part...well it's kinda a catch 22....you have to wait, sometimes for a long time depending on the season/weather.  The good catch is you're outside, right on the wharf they have a covered shelter to eat under and oh ya did I mention you're outside!  Sometimes it a view money can't buy!  It is worth the wait everytime and I would go everyday if I could wait.  Little hint.....January, February, and even March......hardly any waits! Here is the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment